Seminar Organized by ICEC Student Outreach
Ms. Shelly Khanna (Senior Advisor)
In Uttarakhand Technical University on May 3rd & 4th, 2016
TOPIC: STUDY OPPORTUNITIES IN CANADA
ICEC thanks the Quebec Government (India Consulate office) for their support.
Quebec in India Social media news- https://www.facebook.com/
Objective of the Seminar :
- Discuss Indo- Canada relationships
- Create an awareness among the students about Canada as a Study destinations.
- Sharing information about Canadian Education System, application procedures, financial cost attached and scholarships options available for them.
- Motivating the students on the importance of skill-learning in today’s era.
- Encouraging the students to accept challenging & competitive projects.
- Understanding the demands of ‘Employers’ and be job-ready.
- Developing a focus to be a “Global Citizen”
- More than 400 students attended the seminar and took benefit from the same.
- Students of both Bachelor’s and Master’s level attended the session.
- General queries of the student was discussed and resolved.
- Students came-up with questions ranging from course types, benefits of the program , cost involved, facilities provided to them and about immigration plans.
- Audio-Video aid, brochures and a presentation was the medium of instruction used during the session.
The Vice-Chancellor and teachers found the session very informative, interactive and a value-addition for the students. It was a first of its kind initiative and were thankful to ICEC –Student Outreach department. They look forward for more such events in near future.