New Delhi: The Ministry of Human Resource Development on Monday released the NIRF rankings, as per which the Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru in Karnataka is No 1 higher educational institute while the Indian Institute of Management at Ahmedabad in Gujarat is the top management institute.
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has been ranked as the best engineering college in India.
Deemed university Jamia Hamdard in Delhi is numero uno in pharmacy category, while Miranda House in the national capital has been ranked the best college in the country.
Bengaluru`s IISc has also been ranked as the top university in India, as per the second edition of India Rankings under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) released today by Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) secured second spot in the top university rankings in India.
In the list of best colleges in India, Miranda House in Delhi was followed by Loyola college in Chennai. This is the first time general colleges have been ranked in the NIRF.
The rankings were made under five heads — overall, university, engineering, management and pharmacy.
Launched in 2015, NIRF is a methodology adopted by the HRD Ministry to rank all institutions of higher education in India.
Over 3,300 institutes participated in the second edition of the India Rankings.
The rankings are crucial because government funding for institutions are dependent on them.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Delhi
- Jadavpur University, West Bengal
- Anna University, Chennai
- University of Hyderabad, Telangana
- Univesity of Delhi, Delhi
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- Miranda House, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Dayal Singh College, Delhi
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Delhi
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai