Prof. (Dr.) B. L. Raina
The Glocal University
Brief Profile of Prof (Dr.) B.L.Raina
- VICE CHANCELLOR, GLOCAL UNIVERSITY, UP, INDIA, UGC approved under (2f), from July, 2015 till date.
- VICE CHANCELLOR, SUNRISE UNIVERSITY, Alwar, Raj. INDIA; UGC approved under(2f), from July,2013 – Aug. 2015
- T.I.F.R (TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH), Bombay, INDIA; (Research Faculty) from 1970-74
- EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY, Greenville, NC, USA; (Associate Professor) 1981-87
- DIVERGENT TECHNOLOGIES, Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA; (C.E.O) 1987-97.
- NATIONAL TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, India , ITP Campus; (Director) 2005-08
- GITM GROUP OF ENGINEERING COLLEGES , (GCEW) AICTE Approved, Gurgaon, HRY; (Director) 2009-13
Prestigious Fellowships & Scholarships Obtained
- Fellowship:T.I.F.R (Bombay India)
- India Foundation: Fellowship
- Sethna Foundation: Fellowship
- Have successfully obtained approvals of two UGC visits during the months of May & Aug 2015 respectively for the above Universities were I worked as VC during the periods mentioned therein.
- Made certain fundamental changes in teaching methodologies which not only improved the results substantially but has put University uniquely at the top in the entire state & as such initiated a radical /creative thinking & dedication among the faculty in the entire campus.
- Was declared as ‘The best researcher/administrator’ in RTP, USA in 1994.
- Obtained two foreign University collaborations from USA and UK during my tenure as VC.
- Wrote recently a high quality research paper in STRING THEORY which, if approved, has the potential to change the concept of universe.
Backed by an exceptionally brilliant academic record, Prof. Raina has been engaged in administration, teaching & research for nearly 35 years now. He was awarded prestigious national fellowship of “TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH” (T.I.F.R), Bombay, INDIA wherein he spent four years of research work and then proceeded to US on an International fellowship to obtain his M.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) & PhD from ‘USC’, USA.
Did he not only write an exemplary research paper at an early age of his career of 10+2 standard published by reputed ‘American Mathematical Society’ (January 1969 page 48-51), but his paper (part of which is noted below just for reference) was also widely acclaimed and often cited (e.g., See A. Del Cintel, 2008-SPRINGER) which in a dramatic development helped various eminent Scientists like Prof. ANDRE WILE then at PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, to draw a vital connection between the ELLIPTIC CURVES and MODULAR FORMS ( See Ribet: Tanahama-Shimura Conjecture, 1986) leading him eventually to the famous solution in 1995 of even more famous CONJECTURE (See Annals of Mathematics, 142 (1995), 443-551 ), which was unsolved for the last 350 years, earned Prof. Wiles a well deserved ‘KNIGHT HOOD’ & the most prestigious award of ‘FIELDS MEDAL’ given every four years.
Dr. Raina’s above cited results have also immensely helped in the development of many subjects and more recently in ‘CALABI-YAU’ spaces & ‘STRING’ Theory’ in ASTRONOMY, thereby unifying the theories of ‘NEWTON’S Gravitation, QUANTUM Physics & EINSTEIN’S Relativity’.
PRESENT RESEARCH INTEREST
Summary: Computer visualization for the value p=5 in FLT above gives rise to a manifold called “Calabi-Yau” space having ten dimensions with vanishing RACCI Tensor and with well known Topology and Algebraic equations. While Dr. Witten received Nobel Prize for modifying String theory, Dr. Yau at Harvard got Nobel Prize for proving the existence of a metric on the Calabi-Yau space which is exactly the Einstein’s metric. My present research interest is to describe this metric and, if successful it will have enormous implications in String Theory of ASTRONOMY and in unifying the general theory of relativity with that of QUANTUM Laws of Physics. Should this task be successful, it will also prove that there are not only four but eleven dimensions and, possibly many universes. In USA, Prof. Raina taught for more than 15 years at various Universities including ‘UNC’ education system; &‘E.C.U’ in Greenville, North Carolina, USA etc.
During his entire stay of more than 27 years in the US, Dr. Raina has obtained many grants/ projects/ consultancies and awards from various agencies some of which are noted below:
|National Semiconductors (NSC) Santa Clara, CA, USA||Technology Transfer (Know- how) along with PG-tapes of high speed C-MOS Technology Process of NSC, USA (after add-on value i.e., increased yield) to several International Companies including ‘Semi- conductor Complex Limited’ (SCL) Mohali Chandigarh, India||1990-91|
|BRITISH TELECOM, UK (Now NORTEL)||To decrease the Bandwidth requirement for full motion video (M-Peg standard)||1995-96|
|UNC at Chapel Hill Research Triangle Park, USA||To develop teleconferencing system (Hardware & Software) using ISDN||1997-98|
|UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Gainesville FL,USA||To Develop & install Telemedicine/distance learning connecting all the 25 prisons of North Carolina, USA||1998-99|
|IBM, Research triangle Park, NC USA||To Develop Distance Learning Hardware cum Software using compression decompression techniques.||1999-00|
|TO develop distance learning hardware/software using compression/decompression techniques.||2000-01|
Member of the advisory board for the following institutions
- MRK Institute of Engineering & Technology, Rewari, HRY
- Demontfort University, Leicester, UK
- Starex International, Gurgaon, HRY
- Allgoal, Hero Honda chawk, HRY
- RKP, Narnuol, Rewari, HRY
- Relswan consulting Group, llc, USA.
- Villa & Resort, Private Limited, India
During his tenure as C.E.O of “Divergent Technologies, Inc.”, NC, USA, Dr. Raina is credited with technology transfers (in collaboration with National Semiconductors at Santa Clara) of “High Speed C-MOS” (process) devices like ‘74HC74‘to several companies in different countries including SCL– ‘Semi Conductor Complex Ltd.’, Mohali, Chandigarh, India.
While Dr. Raina was declared the best researcher in ‘Research Triangle Park’, USA in 1994, he was also awarded many prestigious awards and was adjudged & published as “WHO’S WHO” in many publications & journals –the most recent being ‘Asia/Pacific’ (XI edition, February 2012, page 316) and ‘Reguerdon Inc.’-ACHIEVERS INDIA-NATION’S WHO’S WHO (May 2012 edition)